Friday, August 12, 2011

Our last hoorah

Today, I went to Beacon, New York for my last day in New York City.  Yeah, that's right, for my last day in the city, I left the city.  We spent our last Guggenheim museum culture seminar at Dia: Beacon, an art museum located about an hour and a half north of New York City.  The building was originally a Nabisco box printing factory so it is huge.  The art in the collection makes use of the massive amounts of space offered in the galleries with rather large pieces as well as wide open spaces.  Beacon itself was quite nice as well, and the weather was wonderful.













After touring the museum and having lunch, I bid farewell to all of my fellow Guggenheim interns and new friends and headed back to the city to pack for my trip home.  My glorious trip home!  I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time and it appears it has finally arrived.  I have already booked a car to drive Genevieve and me to Laguardia in the morning.  It's been real, New York, but I think we need a break.  It's me not you, really.  You're going to make someone really happy one day, but for now, I just need my space, ok?  I hope we can still be friends.

Today's mileage: 2.79 mi.
Total New York mileage: 222.77 mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment