Saturday, July 9, 2011

More museum madness

I met up again today with my good friend Anu for a trip to the Brooklyn Museum to see the Vishnu: Hinduism's Blue-Skinned Savior exhibition.  Having a bachelor's in Religion and a minor in Art History, I am always up for a trip to see the two combined.  The avatars of Vishnu with which I am most familiar are Rama, Krishna, and the Buddha.  Thus, I was best able to appreciate the pieces featuring them.  All in all, we both enjoyed the exhibition greatly.  There were, of course, other exhibitions as well.  One piece that I particularly liked was Portrait of a Lady by Giovanni Boldini.  I took a photo but the painting is under glass so the picture has an awful glare to it.  But I was so very happy to spend the day with a friend from home, though I'm not exactly sure if that is good or bad for my homesickness.

Today's mileage: 2.97 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment