Friday, July 8, 2011

Guggenheim exhibition explained

This week's museum culture seminar was held today rather than the usual Friday.  That's because we got a super special tour of the current exhibition, Lee Ufan: Marking Infinity, by the senior curator of said exhibition Alexandra Munroe...and the museum is closed on Thursdays so we had it all to ourselves.  Now, I saw this exhibition a couple of weeks ago at the member's party opening so it wasn't really new to me in terms of seeing the artwork.  However, it was far more enlightening to hear the curator explain a lot of the background of the pieces, series, and exhibition in general.  I still can't say that I am now in love with it, but it did give me a better appreciation for the artist and his work.

Today's mileage: 4.42 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment