Sunday, June 19, 2011

All work and no play makes Katy a dull girl

First of all, let me apologize for my belated posting.  I have a good excuse, really.  I went to an impromptu concert last night and didn't get home til late.  What?  I'm allowed to have fun from time to time!  Better late than never, right?

Let me start at the beginning of yesterday...  I didn't really have any plans...or food...so I decided to meander down Broadway to shop a bit and find some lunch.  A few blocks down, I stumbled upon a festival with vendors set up all down Waverly Place.  This was apparently the Clearview Festival.  Whatever, it gave me something to do and they had funnel cake.  Now, I have learned that when you get a chance to get funnel cake, you get funnel cake because you never know when the next opportunity will pop up for you to enjoy funnel cake.  Just a little bit of wisdom for you to take away from this blog post.

Strolling along, I got a phone call from my dear friend Gina asking if I would like to go to a Dispatch concert that night.  Who?  A band, I had never heard of them before but the ticket was free, it was cheaper than a regular subway ride to get out to New Jersey where the show was, they seemed alright when I YouTube'd some of their music, and hey, what else was I going to do that night?  So I went along and had quite a good time.  I even felt like I got a bit of a shout out when the band talked about their partnership with BetterWorldBooks to get fans to bring books to the concert to donate and help restock libraries.  Also, there was a really great encore - each member of the band ziplined onto the stage.  Luckily enough for you, dear reader, I got it all on video.  Anyway, I enjoyed the show and had fun.


Today's mileage: 4.18 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment