Sunday, June 19, 2011

There is always something going on here

Again today, I left the dorm with not much in mind aside from getting something to eat.  But living in the middle of Manhattan, it's apparently pretty easy to just stumble upon random events.  After having a delicious Pret sandwich, I meandered about Union Square where I happened upon a gay rights mini-rally.  The event seemed to be held by Marriage Equality New York, rallying support for the the passing of a bill that would allow for anyone, regardless of sexuality or gender alignment to marry.  I'm not big on politics or legal issues, but this is the one major issue that I care about and apparently New York is very close to passing such a bill.  Interestingly enough, this is happening almost in the thick of the 2011 Gay Pride celebrations.  It would be pretty amazing for New York to legally acknowledge marriage equality while I'm here - it would certainly be a very memorable event.

Today's mileage: 1.60 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment