Sunday, June 12, 2011

Museum field trips, continued.

After sleeping in rather late and trip to one of our new favorite eateries, Eva's Restaurant, my roommates and I stumbled upon Festival of India in Washington Square Park.  It turned out to be primarily Hare Krishnas but I was just fine with that - as you may or may not know, I actually did a whole project on them my senior year of undergrad.  We then journeyed through the blustery mist that was today's weather (don't get me wrong, I am not complaining) to the Museum of Sex.  Unfortunately, we found upon arrival that my Guggenheim ID would not allow us free admission, though we did get a discount.  The museum was quite interesting to say the least.  One of the exhibitions was The Sex Lives of Animals with feature familiar to any librarian with an interest in banned books:

Click on image to see larger and read the text
And Tango Makes Three!  I was so excited to see this was included in the exhibit.

I finished the day off with a trip to another new favorite dining locale of mine, Space Market (Oh my goodness, and they deliver?!  I did not realize this until creating this link!) which sounds a little out there but is really just an awesome grocery store/deli.

Today's mileage: 4.26 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment