Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Researching jobs

So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been scoping out the library job market again and it's pretty overwhelming.  Especially since soon I will actually be qualified for those that require an MLIS.  Job hunting is not fun.  I am working on mentally preparing myself for potential applications and interviews.  I'm also trying to think about where I might like to work.  This is about the longest I have ever been away from Gainesville and I must say, I miss it (by the way, creating that link was probably a terrible idea; I paged through the Wikipedia article and got a massive pang of homesickness).  Though I'm not sure if this is like a hump that I have to get over and then I will be totally fine being away from home, or if I am actually meant to stay there, or someplace near at least.  Or maybe just not New York City.  I mean, New York is great and all, but let's face it, it's not meant for everyone.  Maybe it'll grow on me.  We'll see.

Today's mileage: 2.92 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment